Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thing #2 - Lifelong Learners

I think that or at least I hope that I will always love to learn.  As part of one of my classes for graduate school, I was asked to create this blog.  It is step three in the list of 23 Things I need to do.  Step 2 had me watch a video of the 7 and 1/2 things that Lifelong learners do.  I have to say that I completely agree that being and making lifelong learners requires that you put the learner first.  I think the easiest of all the steps in the viedo would be to play.  I firmly believe that the best way to learn is to find something fun in the task.  Mary Poppins said it best - "In every job that must be done there is an elemet of fun.  You find the fun and snap - the job is a game"  As educators we need to find the fun in our teaching and try to remember that just because it is fun doesn't mean that learning isn't going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment